COFRAN'S PC &
- - -
Tech Support &
Call-In Help Desk
PC slowed down?
We can tune it up!
** PC Repairs **
BSEE, MBA, xCPA
Veteran, Tech Officer
Cofran's Texas . . .
Hill Country Portal
A Powerful Information Database & Gateway Service for the Texas Hill Country
County Profile For:
LAMPASAS COUNTY, Texas
"no slogan"County Seat: LampasasEst: 1856
County Borders: N: Hamilton; NE: Coryell; SE: Bell; S: Burnet; W: San Saba; NW: Mills
Population (2016): 20,760Businesses (2015): 396COL Index (2008): 78.9
Zip Codes: 76539, 76550, 76853Area Codes: 512, 737Time Zone: CST
Center Line Coordinates: 31° 15' N; 98° 14' W
Location: 75 mi NW of Austin
Major Highways: US-183, US-190, US-281
Rivers: Colorado, LampasasLakes:
Area: 713 smElevation:
SMSA: Killeen–Temple–Fort Hood Metropolitan Statistical Area
CITIES & TOWNS IN THIS COUNTY:
- Cities: Copperas, Lampasas, Kempner, Lometa
- Unincorporated: Adamsville, Bend, Lake Victor, Nix, Rumley, Scallorn
- County Judge: Wayne Boultinghouse:
Ofc: 512-556-8271; Fax: 512-556-8270
501 E 4th St, County Courthouse, Lampasas, TX 76550
Web: www.co.lampasas.tx.us; Email: email@example.com
- Lampasas County Courthouse: Located in Lampasas on the Courthouse Square, at 501 E Fourth St. This Courthouse is the third oldest Texas courthouse still in use by a county government. Built in 1883, designed by architect W.C. Dodson, with reflections of Second Empire and the Italianate styles. Since restored. The building hosts a central clock tower with a Seth Thomas clock, arched windows and a mansard rook. Lampasas County has been home to 3 courthouse; the first destroyed in an 1871 fire, and flooding swept away the second in 1873. See more history about the courthouse and area at the Portal profile for Lampasas.
- Central Texas Council Of Governments (CTCOG)
Jim Reed, Executive Director: 254-770-2200
POB 729, Belton, TX 76513
Web: www.ctcog.org, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lampasas County Chamber Of Commerce:
512-556-5172; Fax: 512-556-2195; Toll Free: 866-556-5172
205 US-281 S, POB 627, Lampasas, TX 76550
Web: www.lampasaschamber.org, Email: email@example.com
EVENT CALENDAR: For full details on these and nearby events see Festivals & Major Events, Trade Days & Farmers Markets, Live Entertainment, and calendars on our other focus topic pages accessible from the menu above.
WEATHER: Local Weather (Lampasas); Hill Country-wide Weather
MEDIA COVERAGE: See full details in Directory below.
- On-Line News: Google News; Topix
- Newspaper: Lampasas Dispatch Record (semi-weekly)
- Radio: Lampasas Radio, Q102, 101.9 FM/KCYL, 1450 AM
- TV, Articles & Videos:
- Handbook Of Texas Online: TSHA
- County TXGenWeb Project: Genealogical/historical information, including cemeteries, markers, maps, census data, surname queries, TXGenWeb
- Lampasas County Historical Commission: See full details in Directory below.
- More History: See Portal city profiles in list shown above, including Lampasas.
- Named for Lampasas River
OTHER PROFILES: City Data; TXCIP; US Census Quick Facts; Wikipedia
We welcome inquiries, comments and submission of updates, additions, corrections & digital photos,
without compensation. Send to Editor at:
BUSINESS & ORGANIZATION DIRECTORY
LAMPASAS COUNTY: County Judge Wayne Boultinghouse: Ofc: 512-556-8271; Fax: 512-556-8270; 501 E 4th St, County Courthouse, Lampasas, TX 76550. www.co.lampasas.tx.us; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LAMPASAS CENTRAL, APPRAISAL DISTRICT: 512-556-8058; 109 W 5th St, Lampasas, TX 76550. www.lampasascad.org
LAMPASAS COUNTY, HISTORICAL COMMISSION: 512-556-2224; POB 1466, Lampasas, TX 76550. Jeff Jackson, 512-556-3200
LAMPASAS COUNTY, SHERIFF: 512-556-8255; POB 465, Lampasas, TX 76550-0465. Sheriff David S. Whitis. Email:email@example.com
LAMPASAS COUNTY, JUSTICE OF THE PEACE, #2-3: 512-752-3497
LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY: See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
US POST OFFICES: 800-275-8777; www.usps.com
- 325-628-3358; 22902 W FM 580, Bend, TX 76824-3000
- 512-556-5131; 1700 E 4th St, Lampasas, TX 76550
- 512-752-3374; 101 W Elm St, Lometa, TX 76853
LOCATED OUTSIDE THE TEXAS HILL COUNTRY: See State & Federal Offices
(Police, Fire, EMS/Medical)
CRIME STOPPERS-REPORT ANONYMOUSLY: 1-800-222-8477; or click: Stoppers
DISASTER & EMERGENCY SERVICES: Beyond dialing 911 for emergency services (police, fire, rescue), when a major destructive event occurs (wind damage, flooding, explosion, wildland fire, mass casualty incidents, terrorism, etc.), response services are organized based on the disaster coverage area and severity:
- EMERGENCY SHELTERS & LOCAL RELIEF SERVICES MOSTLY WITHIN A CITY: Depending on local needs and incident circumstances, check with local service and information organizations and locations that can be found on the Portal city page for each town/city, per the above Portal menu at the top of each page. On these city pages you can determine their open/close status and scope of services (shelter, showers, food, clothing, financial, essential supplies, other) presently offered, and donations (food, clothing, cash, other) they will accept. Their scope can change quickly based on the extent of damage and needs. The city pages also include emergency contacts for major utilities that are often affected during such incidents, including power, water, communications, etc.
- MULTIPLE CITY OR COUNTY-WIDE INCIDENTS: See County Judge's office for Emergency Management, and Sheriff's Dept above.
- MULTIPLE COUNTY INCIDENTS: See our Portal Focus Topic Page on Emergency Services for comprehensive information on area-wide emergency resources and contacts (Red Cross, TCEQ, Alert Systems, etc.).
- CODE RED EMERGENCY ALERTS: 836-939-0911; Web Sign-Up. A free, automated system whereby you can be notified (via phone call, text, or mobile app) by your local emergency response team in the event of emergency situations or critical community alerts. Examples: evacuation notices, bio-terrorism alerts, boil water notices, severe weather and missing child reports.
CRISIS HOTLINES: click Hotlines-Emergencies
WITH OFFICES LOCATED WITHIN THIS COUNTY:
See detailed listings in each city/town in this county. Use the list with city links for this county at the top of this profile page. Or, use the Menu at the top of every page for city links. is the predominate city in this county and is where most such services are located.
WITH OFFICES LOCATED OUTSIDE THIS COUNTY:
AMERICAN RED CROSS, Heart of Texas Chapter, Killeen Branch Office:
254-200-4400; 208 W Ave A, Killeen, TX 76541. www.waco.redcross.org/Killeen_Office.php. A humanitarian organization led by volunteers and guided by its Congressional Charter and the fundamental principles of the International Red Cross Movement, that provides relief to victims of disasters and helps people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies. Serves Lampasas county.
HILL COUNTRY CHILDREN'S ADVOCACY CENTER: 512-756-2607; POB 27, 1001 N Hill St, Burnet, TX 78611. "Believe the Hurt, Begin the Healing", Serves Blanco, Burnet, Lampasas, Llano, Mason & San Saba Counties. Multi-disciplinary agency facilitates the prevention, detection, investigation and treatment of Child Abuse. Provides free services to abused children and their families. Agency provides services to physically and sexually abused children, witnesses, non-offending family members, and the professionals dedicated to helping victims. Provides video-taped forensic interviews, written statement assistance, on-site medical examinations, evaluations, and referrals. Annual fund-raising event: Pedal Power Wildflower Ride. www.hccac.org
VETRIDES: www.burnetcountytexas.org/default.aspx?name=constable.pct2. Program assists veterans and their families with transportation to and from Veterans Administration hospitals, veterans services offices, pharmacies, grocery and retail stores. Available in Burnet, Llano and Lampasas counties. To request a RIDE: 877-8S1~8VET(838) or 830-613-9982
Note: See chamber, tourism & economic development listings in profile section above.
Note: For Hill Country-wide non-profits, public service and social service organizations, see Hill Country Area Profile
HILL COUNTRY-WIDE UTILITY PROVIDERS:
For Hill Country area utility service providers (electric, gas, water, sewer, trash),
telecom providers (land lines, cellular service, TV, internet), and related services (package delivery, newspaper, etc.), click: Utilities & Telecom
SANDY ROAD GUEST HAUS:
Upscale Western-style Guest House Lodging
in a Beautiful Ranch Setting in the Gorgeous Texas Hill Country
Reservations & Information: 281-300-7177
9242 RR 1320 (Sandy Road), Johnson City, TX 78636
Web: www.SandyRoadGuestHaus.com Email: info@SandyRoadGuestHaus.com
Come Relax & Enjoy!
Click for Hill Country:
» FESTIVALS/MAJOR EVENTS
» LIVE ENTERTAINMENT
Affordable Pre-paid Emergency Air Transport Service
Click image for details
Protection starts at $65/yr
Protect Your Computer Files With
of your data.
to get started.